Mummy Goh's visit - Montreal and Quebec City


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
January 21st 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

My Mum came to visit for a week and I have been showing her the best Montreal has to offer and have been discovering Quebec City with her for my first time. After walking around Montreal fuelled by meals in some of my favourite restaurants, we headed to the sub-arctic temperatures of Quebec City where the wind chill made it a shocking -33 degrees. Brrrrrr. The city itself is beautiful. The old town is surrounded by city walls and the city is celebrating its 400 year anniversary this year so it is pretty historical for North America. There are plenty of narrow streets and pretty buildings to look around and the blue skies and snow everywhere definitely helped make it a very aesthetically pleasing place to walk around.
On returning to Montreal we checked into the Ritz Carlton (we got a good deal!) and enjoyed the luxury for the last 48 hours. In hindsight it was a good idea to have a nice place to relax in because after the drive up to Tremblant and back on Tuesday, we could do with a pampering. Eric the car still has no functioning windscreen washers and so negotiating a snow storm and grit trucks was a tad difficult at times and had my Mum gripping the edge of her chair while I pretended everything was under control. Luckily a trip to my favourite spa (3rd visit in as many months!) calmed the nerves temporarily and we made it safely home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb