Home of the Hip and the Habs....


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
August 1st 2011
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=P2khtsqIFCg]MONDAY civic holiday
Today we took of for Montreal. We tried to go to the Golden Griddle but it was closed for renovations so we ended up going to McDonald’s where they had this cool water feature wall. We ended up stopping in Kingston for lunch. First we walked around a quaint pottery shop. Lindsay is in LOVE with pottery. I scared Jen with a cute little doll – she was not amused haha. We went to Lone Star and had lunch on the patio. Our waiters name was Sidewinder lol all the staff have fun call names. He told us about how he is actually friends with Taylor Swift because friends of his parents moved to Nashville so when they would go to visit they all hung out. She is apparently very genuine and sweet he said and that she will text him when she’s in the area and doing a concert and invite him to come. Coolio! Kingston is the hometown of my favorite band The Tragically Hip! No Hip sightings at the Merchant where they frequent because the are on tour and played in Montreal last night WAHHH missed them by one day!! Kingston is SO beautiful! The dinner tour cruise boat pulled into the marina just as we arrived and I opened the window and the captain was standing on the deck and smiled and chatted with us. He was very impressed with our food drive and wished us a safe journey. We got back on the road and arrived in Montreal just in time to shower, change and head downtown to check out some night life. As we were driving to our hotel we turned on the radio and the most hillarious dance song came on that was all in French except for the part that went “Pope of Dope”. Guess what Leith’s nickname is now haha. Lindsay can’t seem to We ended up going to a place I can’t remember the name of but we were on St. Catherine’s street which is always hoppin. We went into this one place where Lindsay overheard these young guys say something pretty nasty and called them on it haha they had a teasing exchange of words but definitely hilarious. We hit up a McDonald’s and were laughing because they have poutine there! We then ended up going to Jolo’s Blues Bar which had an amazing band that was doing covers like Sunshine of Your Love-Cream, Fire-Jimi Hendrix and Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers they even transitioned one song with a little MJ hahah. Time for bed now because tomorrow we are visiting two dealerships! Montreal has such friendly people….they are very understanding that our French is not tres beacoup!




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Harvey's Harvey's
Harvey's

MMMMMMMM we don't have a Harvey's at home...can you tell Dee is not joining in the fun haha ya she doesn't eat beef - we knew something was wrong with her haha


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb