La Cote-de-Beaupre and le Mont-Saint-Anne and I’lle-de- Oleans, Quebec, 20 August 2016


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Mont Sainte-Anne
August 20th 2016
Published: August 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

La Cote-de-Beaupre and le Mont-Saint-Anne and I’lle-de- Oleans 20 August 2016



After leaving Quebec City we drove north to see the Boischatel Waterfall, Saint-Tite-Des-Caps which is where the Saint-Anne Canyon is, and I’lle of Orleans.



I will leave the photos to do most of the ‘descriptions ‘but it was certainly beautiful areas to drive around, stopping from time to time.



Our first stop with the Canyon. Wow, what a site. The whole area is so well designed with bridges and excellent paths and about 6 lookouts. There was abseiling on nearly every cliff (and there were many) many zip lines and you could walk under the swing bridge on wires. The views were stunning and as they had rain a few weeks previously so the water rushing over the rocks was incredible, however there would be much more in Spring we were told.



The Boischatel Waterfall was associated with a man-made weir for hydroelectricity. Across the water was a gondola and several zip lines. Again, more stunning views and we could see the bridge across to I’lle of Orleans which was our next port-of-call.



The I’lle of Orleans is an island in the middle of the St Lawrence River. As we drove around the island we saw a lot of agriculture. We stopped at a wonderful bakery which was close to an historic red-roofed church. The church had a museum next to is, nestled in the middle of beautiful sweeping lawn and small garden. Sever sculptures were also a feature.



On leaving the island through road works, we crossed the long bridge again and headed towards our next province, New Brunswick.



NB: there was a lot of road works in many places we have travelled because they have such a short time span in the year to do them, due to the heavy snow at least 7 months of the year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb