Prince Edward Island (PEI), Canada


Advertisement
Published: August 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Spending four days on the "island". Weather is perfect for the beach (around 30 C or 90 F). And of course PEI is known for its plentiful sandy beaches, warm, warm waters and the red sand, red dirt and red cliffs. The first day was at Brackley Beach, one of the more popular beaches. Lovely sand, kilometers of beach, and the warm waters. Something different on day two. We drove to Thunder Cove which is not as well known as the popular areas but just as spectacular. In addition to a lovely beach, a short walk leads you to the "teapot"; an interesting red rock formation close to the shore which of course looks like a teacup. Following another day at Brackley, the final day was spent soaking up the sun at Stanhope Beach, one of the other more popular beaches. If you are in the area, eat at Richard's at Covehead Harbour. The finest fish and chips and lobster rolls on the island - a must visit if you are near. For the hikers and cyclists, new trails can be found on Robinsons Island (near Brackley Beach). Many of the trails have beach access making the walk quite pleasant. You can hike and beachcomb at the same time. If you want a laid-back summer vacation, summer in PEI is one of the best.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 22; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb