Houseboat Heaven


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
July 3rd 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, we are back from another adventure. Unfortunately, Wee Tommy doesn't float so we had to take other accomodations. We traveled up to Temagami where we boarded our houses for the week. We had a fantastic week with 8 amazing friends!. We shared our "Mad Cow Pirate" ship with Patti and Brian. The Corns and Rowntrees shared "The Pony Express" and last but not least were Pete and Carol on "The Love Boat"! The weather started out great for the first 2 days. Then we got into a little rain and cooler temps. This did not make the trip any less fun!!! We played our version of "Come Dine With Me". Every couple took a turn doing a dinner. All were fantastic, but the Smith's took the winnings with their Jambalya at Mardi Gras. Our first campsite was on Friday's Point. The next day we moved on to Cross Lake where we camped at Whoville. Good fishing here. Randy was so serious about his first fish that he jumped in and grabbed it before it got away. After a couple of days on Whoville, we moved to our own private island which we called "Blueberry Paradise". Fishing was not as good right off the island here, but the serious ones found the hot spots and brought home dinner. We had one really amazing fish fry for breakfast one morning. It really doesn't get any better! On Canada Day, we started our way back towards Temagami and stayed our last nite on "Little Island". It really was, but again very beautiful. The next morning we sadly packed up and headed back to Leisure Island Houseboats.
In a nutshell; spectacular scenery, great little houseboat, good fishing, yummy, yummy meals, lots and lots of laughter and a great bunch of friends! We would definitely do this trip again. Enjoy the pics!


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb