Settling back into work at MSF


Advertisement
North America » Canada » Ontario » Vaughan
May 31st 2015
Published: May 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's 17.35 on the 30th of May. So today i write a little about Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week. This blog probably won't be quite as long as the last few, as I'm just writing about work days. So Tuesday. This was our first day of work back at Meadow Sweet, and it was another day for us to prep the boxes that were sent out to the locals. So, in the morning we set about cutting herbs a... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




2nd June 2015

Latest Reflections
I very much liked the sound of Port Credit. Have had a look at pictures on the internet and it looks a charming little place with a marina and a lighthouse. I have long been fascinated by the inland seas that are the Great Lakes and their own specialised brand of water transport. There used to be - probably still is - a particular type of cargo carrying ship which (for some reason) were strongly featured in encyclopaedias and other literature when I was your age or younger. They were long bulk carriers with loads of holds/hatches and a stubby superstructure at the back of the ship. Was also struck by your ominous description of predatory leeches that swam up when you disturbed the water of the lake. It sounds as if they were not present out in the centre of the lake, but it must have taken some courage to jump in. I'm surprised in a way that Canada (as a temperate country) has so many leeches - I always used to think that they were creatures of the tropics to be found in Lake Victoria or similar. All good here - the country is slowly settling down to 5 more years of the Tories and an unnecessary referendum on EU membership which must be won (and I think, barring some extreme unforeseen event, probably will be) if we are not to slide off to be some nasty little right-wing insular reactionary country on the margins of the continent. Er, hang on, that sounds like quite an accurate description of the status quo!

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb