Life at a Meadow Sweet Farm - Work, Rest and Beer


Advertisement
North America » Canada » Ontario » Vaughan
May 17th 2015
Published: May 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's 21.35 on the 16th May. I've decided that it would be a good idea to give a brief sentence description of the weather before I go on to talk about each day, as I rarely mention the weather unless it is directly relevant to something else in saying. However I decided this just a minute a go so I don't have any temperatures for this blog. Anyway, for next time. So Thursday. We got up, a little ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




19th May 2015

Halfway through
It's amazing to think that you are now halfway through, although another way of putting it is that you still have as long on the trip as you have had already. Sorry to have not commented on your last couple of blogs, but they are as avidly read as always. Toronto sounds a great city. Really pleased that Meadow Sweet farm has proved to be better than the Scales experience, although the work that you are doing sounds a bit repetitive - planting out peppers and chopping potatoes. I hope you have not wrecked that Quad Bike! Really looking forward to an account of your trip west across Canada and do hope you stop at the wonderfully named Thunder Bay at the top of the vast and slightly mysterious Lake Superior. You are certainly experiencing that curious lurch from winter to summer that all 'continental' type climates have with spring and autumn being merely short interludes between a long summer and an (especially) long winter. All good here, although I've moved into a very hectic spell of work. Mark is not well and that seems to go on and on, although not the place to expand here. The May weather here is cool, wet and very changeable at present, so no chance to get out on the Kayaks yet. Very pleased Rosie is coming to the Scillies!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb