Falling water


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 15th 2015
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.6207, -79.5106

So because of all the mass organising we'd being doing over the last week we decided to book on an 'organised fun' tour to go to Niagara Falls, stopping at a winery and the Niagara on the lake village on the way. No brain work involved.

A little dude in a minivan picked us up at 8am and myself, Elise (bridesmaid) the boys and 4 of the parent/aunt contingency left to get the big coach from the company office! Once booked in we went on a mission for a cuppa and found chai lattes which made me eternally grateful! So yummy.

We took our seats on the coach and waited for it to fill with many nationalities! One lady was gone too long for a coffee and got ejected from the tour by Jay (our not funny as hard as he tried tour guide! Harsh! We wondered if it was a plant to make sure we were always on time on the ways back!!!

We snoozed and nattered (I was sat next to Elise so was lovely to have some girl talk!) on the bus, with it being a VERY misty day, there wasn't much to see out the window.

We arrived at a winery, famous for its ice wine, which is where they harvest the grapes when it is -11degC with snow on them, making them sweeter than normal grape harvesting! The wine was stunning and even james liked it but would never of drank a whole bottle before it had gone off and it was not cheap.

Back on the road, we toddled along to a village, quite old for Canadian history and had i45mins to get some lunch. Unsurprisingly I went to the nearest bakery, buying a butter tart and a cinnamon whirl the size of my head!

When we arrived at the falls it was rather misty still and you couldn't see all that much- gutted! But as the 3hrs we had there ticked by, the sun came out and it burnt off.

We went on the boat to the base of the falls, dressed in our sexy Niagara pink ponchos! Glad we had them as it was wet!!!!! The boys then went for a wander whilst myself and Elise had a cuppa and a beer overlooking the falls and took some photos! The falls were spectacular but both myself and James prefer the ones in brazil.

Once we had returned, we ventured out for food and wine/beer and had our first ever taste of putine. Which to us Brits is basically cheesy chips with gravy! Can imagine it being fab when its -20 but on a hot summers day just felt a little wrong! For pudding on the way home, we stopped off at an icecream parlour and had birthday cake icecream... Cake flavoured icecream with blue icing swirls!!! Happy days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb