Yes....it is cold


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
October 15th 2006
Published: October 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So the long awaited first blog. Spent 4 pretty drunken days in Toronto due to our hostel being one of the most crazy places I've ever stayed in. It's called the Global Village Backpacker's Hostel on King Street West if any of you want to give your liver a good seeing to.

Anyway, most days were spent wandering around seeing the sights. CN Tower was awesome, especially the glass floor. Feels really strange when you first stand on it hovering above the ground over 300 metres away, after you get used to it it's fine though, even had myself a wee lie down. Got some cool pics so hope they turn out alright. Went to the Skydome (baseball/football) and Air Canada Centre(ice hockey/basketball), would like to say we did the tours of the stadiums etc. but they were closed so we just stood around outside moaning about how cold we were.
Ah the cold, this was like the coldest winter we get in Scotland and it's only October! Can't imagine what it's like in January, must just be frozen statues througout the city of the foolhardy people who dare to venture outside.

Went to Kensington Market which was a cool area, lots of vintage clothes shops, cafe's, bars etc. And also St. Lawrence Market - a massive food market with all kinds of crazy stuff in it. Got myself a Peameal bacon roll there to combat my hangover, best cure I've had yet.

Also, ended up in court. Don't worry it wasn't for anything serious....City Hall is where the courthouses are and in Canada all courts are open to the public. So we decided to go in and see a case, we were the only spectators there for a serious assault. Not entirely sure what happened but in involved a pole and someone getting "nailed" as the prosecution guy said. The court adjourned so I'm afraid can't tell you the outcome.

Off to Niagara now, where Richard's sister has booked us in to the brand new Hilton Falls View Hotel and Casino Resort for just 50 bucks! Superb, probably the only night of luxury I'll have this year.

Peace out






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb