Voyage has Started


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
August 25th 2011
Published: August 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well gang I am on the way. Left Halifax this morning at 8am after I dropped Erica off at another gate in the departure area. She is off to her new life in Grand Prairie Alberta. She was of mixed emotions but is looking forward to her new position as an OT.

Erica and I met Robert Chisholm NDP MP for (Cole Harbour) and his wife, we had met him on the night of his election win and he remembered us . He is a real gentleman and his wife was really friendly as well. She soent a lot of time talking with Erica about University and careers. They had a rememberance book for Jack Layton which we signed. They were on the way to the funeral.

My flight was on time, we had a great flight, except for a little incident with a young girl maybe ten who got sick as soon as the plane was off the ground, dad who was sitting next to her was already half asleep so I had to wake him up as I tried to help the little one! After a clean up of the seat, her and the floor we were all set!

Am now in the international departure lounge at Pearson hoping we get out of here on time as the clouds are starting to roll in, apparently last night was quite stormy, lots of flights were delayed. Just spent half an hour talking to a lady in the bookstore, for all you students out there, her daughter is doing an MBA co-op placement in Milan Italy!

Take care, will blog from Bangkok in the next couple of days.

Barry

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb