Harbouring No Ill Will


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
April 12th 2010
Published: April 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the waterOn the waterOn the water

Enjoying the open space and water views
STARTING LINE-UP: Ted, Davis, Toronto's Harbourfront

PITCH CONDITION: Sunny again yay! And minus the freezing wind.

MATCH OVERVIEW: Team Ted's last home game for three weeks proved to be an easy win.

PLAYER INFO: All players almost back to fitness. The sunshine and clean air (compared to London) are certainly aiding recovery.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- The sun continued to make its presence known hurrah. A scorching 15 degrees!

- Wandered down to the Harbourfront area and really enjoyed it. The water is clean for such a big city, there are boardwalks and bits of park and lots of benches and places to sit and relax.

- We read somewhere that Torontonians LOVE their dogs - this is definitely true! We encountered doggies of all shapes and sizes out enjoying the waterfront with their owners and of course Davis had to stop and pat them all.

- Sat on a bench to eat our lunch and chatted to two slightly bonkers but lovely older ladies and their embarrassingly small dogs. Gave us some tips on where to go to get free samples and things from markets and where to see cheap movies. Very sweet and
MangiareMangiareMangiare

ST rather enjoying his food and the location
helpful to us players on debut.

- Strolled around the outside of the Air Canada centre where the Toronto Maple Leafs (ice hockey) and the Toronto Raptors (basketball) play. Big game on that evening - Raptors v Chicago Bulls - so plenty of touts out and about.

- Have booked our accommodation for the next three nights and have a bit of a route worked out for the start of our road trip.

SUMMARY: A great last full day in Toronto (for a little while). Still loving the city, and especially the people. Really looking forward to our next three weeks of driving around! Plan is to head north-ish and east-ish and take in Ottawa, Quebec City and Montreal (on the way back) along with heaps of tiny little towns in between.

Not sure what internet access we will have over the coming weeks but we will look to be in touch as often as we can.

Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Our new friendsOur new friends
Our new friends

One of the crazy but nice ladies we chatted to and their tiny dogs. NOTE - the one in RD's lap is fully grown! She is 7 years old! Too cute.
Air ballAir ball
Air ball

ST shooting imaginary hoops in preparation for the big b-ball game on later that night


12th April 2010

mmmm, sounds familiar - crazy old ladies with small furry animals.....

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb