day 129


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
October 6th 2009
Published: October 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a good nights sleep we headed for Toronto where we were picking up our friend elliott for a week on the road in norman (our car).

We got into the city around 3.30 and had to be at the airport for 5 so went to find a place to stay. We found a hostel right in the centre, about a 5 minute walk away from the airport. Then went off to pick up Elliott. We collected him and squeezed him and his stuff into the sideways seats in the back and went back to the hostel. After checking in we realised that the hostel in need of some new clientèle. Our room had about 10 people in it and 6 of them were living there. The smell was worse than anything i'd experienced in a hostel in the whole 8 months of travelling!

We got showered and got out of the place for the ice hockey game. We managed to land good tickets from a tout for $30 each for $90 seats, good times! Then we hit a bar for some much needed food and a couple of drinks before retiring to the death room!

Do not stay at global backpackers hostel in Toronto!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb