Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 17th 2009
Published: September 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Toronto to me was just another city, we are only here for 1 night and 1 full day but it didn’t really grab me as anything other than a big city with lots of concrete on varying layers. After we had checked in we caught the train to Union Station, grabbed one of the best hot-dogs I’ve ever had for a snack and ate it on the park by the river/lake.

Given today is a public holiday here and there was an air show over this lake and whilst we were on the bus coming into Toronto we were lucky enough to catch some of it and as we get to our piece of grass the last fly over goes past and that’s it for another year. This area by the lake is rather cool and sort of like a Hillarys or Sorrento back home with the decking over the water and restaurants and bars hugging the sidewalks. We stopped to catch the last 10 minutes of some busker do a fire show with a great mix of comedy and skill he was entertaining and we happened to run in to one of the girls we met in Montreal so we found somewhere to settle down have a chat and drink and turns out dinner as well.

Our full day in Toronto was spent walking up and down busy streets and going to the Old Market for a look and back into town again. It’s easy enough to get around, however I am getting a bit tired of big cities and out into the mountains. It’s time for us to head to Calgary and then the Rockies. A cheap train ride and bus connection and we were at another airport filling time for our flight.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.1kb