Edit Blog Post
Published: October 10th 2008
Visit to York University
York University was about 1 hr from downtown Toronto. We had a really useful visit there and again had the chance to meet and chat with many of the library staff there. They presented on a number of development issues that they are working on.
1. Information literacy
The approach to Information Literacy at York was very similar to things being done in the Uk. They have a program coordinator and wrote a manifesto to identify goals. They are concerned that despite all their efforts they may not be really making a difference to the learning procass. York have moved from Blackboard to Moodle because of cost implications. They have created a library block and library course - at Macro level. Also have more specifically identified resources offered within courses at Micro level.
2. Emerging Technologies Interest Group
• Scholarly Communications Initiative -events in open access and copy right
• Information literacy sessions for staff researches
• Digital Initiatives librarian working in displace using the mannequin interface
• One big library Unconference
• Main library Blog for news about library.
Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0064s; 1; m:saturn w:www (126.96.36.199); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.1mb