Dr Wylde demystifies disease at Holistic World EXPO


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
March 15th 2008
Published: March 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday March 15th, in the John Bassett Theatre of the Metro Convention Center in downtown Toronto, underneath the hustle and bustle of the 2008 Holistic World EXPO trade show floor, homeopathic doctor Bryce Wylde presented a comprehensive overview of his upcoming book, The Antioxidant Prescription: The Cost of Free Radicals


Dr Wylde's presentation lasted for an hour and a half, and he used that time to address what science has discovered to be the true underlying cause of disease: free radicals. This concept was presented on four levels - anatomical, physiological, cellular and molecular. Bryce started things off on the molecular level to explain how oxidative stress causes inflammation (for example) and how this affects human physiology before manifesting itself as disease in human anatomy.


Bryce used short animated videos to detail exactly how these tiny bits of energy negatively affect the human body. He explained the processes by which the body ages, and even how wrinkles appear in healthy skin - it’s all free radical damage inside the chemistry of oxidation. Our human bodies ‘rust’ just like everything else on planet Earth that is exposed to oxygen.

Free radicals cause oxidation, a process that damages cells and can lead to rapid aging, heart disease, Alzheimer’s and of course cancer. We all make free radicals. Some people, however, produce them at alarming levels, and unfortunately those folks are often fated to battle disease and live short, unhealthy lives.

Luckily, free radical damage can be avoided with antioxidants. These are large particles with lots of surplus electrons to quench hungry oxygen radicals. They stop free radicals from damaging other healthy cells in your body, and they protect you from disease.

Home Test Kit
Mid way through the presentation, Bryce introduced his Triad Test Kit - the home testing device to which he has affixed his good name and growing celebrity stamp of approval. The advantages of 'at home medical testing' are obvious - now his patients can test themselves to determine whether they will benefit from high dose antioxidant therapy. Once equipped with an effective home testing device, people everywhere can practice preventative medicine and therein design and implement a customized antioxidant intake regime based on age, lifestyle, environment, stress levels and medical history.

Dr. Bryce Wylde is the clinic director of natural medicine at the Vaughan Medical Centre, a modern multi-disciplinary treatment facility. A favorite on many health related radio and TV shows, including City Tv’s Breakfast Television, Bryce Wylde is a highly respected homeopathic doctor and functional medicine nutritionist. He’s on the advisory board of the Ontario Homeopathic Association and teaches at the Ontario College of Homeopathic Medicine. He is also CEO of Dr. In Dr. Out, a corporate wellness company. Look for his upcoming new Television show to air on CP24 Toronto this summer!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb