Toronto to Calgary


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 13th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we made it to Canada just about in one piece. After an 8 hour flight we finally found our first hostel, The Planet Traveller, although we did have to ask a couple of locals for directions!!! Jet lag took its toll on us and we were in bed by 8:30 on Sunday night. After a very unsettled night we got up on Monday morning ready to explore Toronto and the surrounding areas. We wandered through downtown Toronto through the Finance District where we spotted some very well dressed hot Canadian men!! We also took a walk through the very vibrant district of Kensington where our hostel was, you've never seen houses painted so brightly! Chinatown was just round the corner with some very dubious shop window displays - pigs backs and roasted mini chicken type things!!
We then took the trip up the CN Tower to see Toronto from above. Vicky was a wimp and wouldn't set foot on the glass floor although it made Heather feel a bit giddy when she laid down on it. We had a great day for going up as you could see for miles around although we couldn't quite make out the mist from Niagara Falls. But that didn't matter as we got to see it close up on Tuesday.
After a nightmare with the crappy alarm clock we bought from the airport we just about made it to the minibus on time, albeit with dirty hair!!! We stopped off at an Ice Wine Vineyard and sampled their finest wines - pre Midday!!!!. We then went through Niagara-on-the-Lake - We both want to live there but would need a few million dollars to do so, and that might only get us a shed! Niagara was fantastic something everyone should see in their life time. We took the Maid of the Mist in to the Horseshoe Falls - it was the best $13.50 spent - ever!!!! Got completely drenched even with the sexy complimentary ponchos provided!!!! Met some guys on the trip and went for drinks Tuesday night where we saw a live band playing in one of the pubs which was an unexpected bonus. Although the weather had been good all day in Niagara when walking to the pub Mother Nature decided to whip Toronto with a freak 15 minute thunder storm - good old Pack-a-Macs came to the rescue though - never leave home without it!!!
We really wanted to get up to Algonquin National Park to do the canoeing camping trip but it wasn't to be as for some reason all the trips leave on a Friday or Monday which was too late for us! With that in mind and not much more to do in Toronto we've headed to the Rockies and arrived in Calgary this afternoon. We're spending one night here then will go on to Banff and Jasper to spend some time there exploring. After that it's off to Vancouver so will probably do another update then.

Missing you all terribly.
Loads of Love V&H


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



13th September 2007

Missing you
Hey hunny! Sounds like your both having a fantastic time already, not even a week through and you've done so much. Look forward to reading the next installment of your adventures. Missing you lots. :0) x
13th September 2007

Hello from Sunny Pompey!
Hey Heather and Vicky Love this new blog!! Best way or you be writing emails all day rather than exploring!! Sounds fantastic already and you're only into it a few days!! Love the photos and yes girls very sexy ponchos lol :) Must get one for walking around town in!! Have a fantastic time together and look after each other x Heather we're going for a pub lunch tomorrow it won't be the same without you!! Miss ya matey Take care xx Nikki xx
14th September 2007

Happy Traveling
Hey guys, great to hear you made it to canada and are having an awsome time. looking forward to seeing your next installment can't wait to see you over here in oz. we'll have a great time. love zoe and richie. ps MORE PHOTOS!! Please.
14th September 2007

Hiya girlies x
Well you sound as if your having an amazing time already in such little time, you have so made me wanna go to Canada even more now, i envy you girlies! I think blue suits you both and even better in a the ponchos!!! Keep having loads a fun and cant wait to hear from you again to see where your adventures take you next, lots a love x x x
14th September 2007

Wow Jealous.
Sounds like your fitting right in girls. Love the outfits, do it all and more. Have fun, and keep us posted when poss. Lara xxx
20th September 2007

hello
I have just decided to read my e-mails and have found your bolg. You both look like you are having a fab time the falls look amazing. Take care look forward to your next adventure. Loads of Love Aunty H xxxxxxx

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb