The Preparations Continue...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
August 28th 2007
Published: August 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Italian Job

Take a look at our trip to Italy.

On September 1st, Michelle and I will be sitting on a plane bound for Europe. Our first stop will be London, England for a short 4 hour stopover, where we will then board another plane bound for Rome, Italy. If everything goes according to plan and if the planes are on time, we should be crashing at our first Bed and Breakfast (B&B) late at night on September 2nd (Rome time).

For the next few days, we will continue our preparations for the journey, including buying some new clothes, packing, and otherwise getting out stuff in order (exciting journal so far eh?). These preparations include compiling and organizing Michelle’s nerd binder of travel planning, which includes hotel information, google earth satellite image maps of various parts of Italy, flight information, travel documents with important passages highlighted and flagged with post-its. Yes, she is a psycho, but all that planning will totally come in handy and I will probably be eating my words when that binder gets us out of an unforeseen bind. For your own enjoyment, a good way to think of her binder is like that computer book that Inspector Gadget’s niece used to carry around with her, the one that could unlock any door, hack any computer or otherwise solve the world’s problems.

Anyway, here is what our short itinerary looks like:

September 2 to 5 - Rome
September 5 to 8 - Florence
September 8 to 10 - San Gimignano
September 10 to 12 - Sorrento and Pompeii
September 12 to 13 - Positano
September 13 to 15 - Rome

At the top of the page is a quick and dirty route map of our entire trip, including our stop over in London. Take a quick look if you like.

Anyway, we’ll check back in as we get closer to flight time and give you all additional details on where we're going and what we're seeing.

00
DAYS 
00
HOURS 
00
MINS 
00
SECS

Until We Leave for Italy





Greg


Advertisement



28th August 2007

Transportation?
How you guys getting around there? Cause my parents one suggestion is to not drive around the Amalfi coast.
30th August 2007

nice pic
I would just like to congratulate you guys on your excellent choice of coupley photo you have chosen. You may remember the photographer as a most excellent person. Don't forget to send her a postcard. Have fun on your trip!
3rd September 2007

I think the burning question in everyone's mind is... did you actually make it there?

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb