here. there and back again


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 10th 2005
Published: September 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

long time offline. sorry about that.

we're back. our time in india has finished, we had a whistlestop return to the UK, before flying out here to North America and Canada. I'm sitting here in a hotel lobby, trying desperately to remember what we've done for the last month. lets try to summarise in a paragraph or 2...

the end of india turned into a fast paced touristic frenzy. train to Agra, and a great visit to the Taj Mahal. Generally I don't go for looking at stuff but the big marble palace built as a symbol of love for a queen who died, by a husband who then died alone and staring at the palace, locked up by the son who wanted all the cash. then another very long train trip to amritsar to see the site of general dyers massacre that helped start Indias independance movement, the golden temple - a sikh palace covered in 750kg of solid gold and finally the india/pakistan border closing ceremony which is a hilariously macho marching and saluting party attended by 6000 screaming indians and pakistanis - every night of the year.

the week in the UK flew by in the blink of an eye and in the last 2 weeks, on trip number 2, we've done Boston (expensive), vermont (the place you get when you mix the best of USA with the best of UK), and Toronto (the best of USA without Americans).

Alaska awaits us tomorrow morning - if we make it through 3 connecting flights on an airline that is currently on strike.....

Advertisement



10th September 2005

Long Time Need Internet Access??
Sounds to me like you are doing a lot of globe trotting! If you are looking for some great places to log on to your blog from in Alaska may I offer the following selections: Anchorage: Organic Oasis 2610 Spenard Road Piper's Restaurant at the West Coast Hotel 3333 W International Road Snow City Cafe 1034 West 4th Avenue
14th September 2005

good to see your journal back!
By now, I know you are in Alaska, but good to see the summary of what happened inbetween!!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb