Day 18 (Real late)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Thunder Bay
June 15th 2011
Published: June 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 18

Today is Wednesday, June 8, and just left Thunder Bay. Pretty strange couple of nights actually. Right as we were driving into Sault Ste. Marie on Monday we were signalled by a very nice woman that one of our tires was flat. So we pulled over and got out the donut replacement. Two middle-aged men who didn’t know us or each other came over and added their strength, and from the Moncton Winter the lug nuts were so rusty it took about 20 minutes to get all four of them loose. Once this was done we went to the beer store, met up with Justin’s friend Karsten (whose house we crashed at) and watched the first hockey game or even TV since we left. This was awesome.

The next morning we went to Canadian Tire and bought a replacement since the old one was toast. Left for Thunder Bay at noon, planning to stop at a small lake before or after the city to fish and set up camp for the night. After some searching we stopped at exactly that within a provincial park and had another night of free camping. We slept well then went into Thunder Bay (where Justin used to live) for some pancakes at the Finnish Restaurant he used to eat at when he was five. Winnipeg is about seven hours away so either we’ll get a hold of this ‘12 Tribes’ community we’re planning on visiting for the next week, or we’ll stop and camp for the night. Looking forward to meeting some more people, but am as content as could possibly be either way.

Ryan


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb