Rarin' to go on Great Canadian Maritime Adventure


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Sudbury
April 16th 2016
Published: April 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The destination Newfoundland, L'Anse aux Meadows will be the culmination of my Great Canadian Maritime Adventure.




Seafood! only will be on the menu ...no cow - no pig - no chicken - no lamb - no llama ...the last two sought only for woolly possibilities. This pic from http://www.hagengrote.de



To reach the tip of Newfoundland and the Viking Settlement at L'Anse aux Measdows, all the maritime provinces must be; traversed - bridged - plied - intersected - negotiated - perambulated - and wandered over.

Labrador has been stricken from the schedule .... dams, mines and red lines for highways stretching thru 400km of wilderness have taken the sheen off that part of the adventure. Was not reaching the northern tip of the Labrador coast anyway with the marine trip had in mind.

Seven days till the Dodge Caravan Mini RV roars into the eastern sun via a dental appointment in Toronto.

Sixteen days... May 3rd ....until the actual roar towards Atlantic Canada and the beginning of my Big Adventure.

Apologies to all readers who read the China blog that stopped abruptly on the Yantze River .... my notebook decided to fry. ....hoping to continue that story ...it became increasingly interesting .... good enough to give the country another visit ... but only after mastering basic Mandarin ....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb