Newton to Simcoe


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Simcoe
September 7th 2015
Published: September 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Newton to Kalamazoo

A transit day with little to report. Chatted to a chap at a comfort stop in Le Claire who seemed impressed with our trip. At the next stop an hour later, my debit card wouldn't work and who should be there but the chap from Le Claire, he offered to pay for our gas! I declined of course as I had cash but OMG who does that!!

Next stop was Princeton where I was hungry as heck and hot as hell. It just so happened that we walked smack into a lobster festival. They had live lobster which they cooked and served us with baked potato and corn on the Cobb. Amazing spontaneous delicious lunch and all for the sum of $9.95.

Kalamazoo to London, Ontario

Transit to Canada. Crossed the bridge from Port Huron in Michigan into Point Edward in Ontario, Canada. Stayed in North London which has loads of old historical buildings; great architecture! Got sad news from home that our guinea pig Daisy had died ?. She had outlived her life expectancy but sad for Chanel to deal with. For such a small critter she'll leave a big hole.

London to Simcoe, Ontario

Just a short drive to Simcoe today to puts us in striking distance of the Niagara Falls in the morning. Parked the bike illegally outside Starbucks this morning and shortly after three police arrived on bicycles. Trev jumped up to defend our ticket only to see them lock their bikes to the pole next to ours before coming in and having a yarn with us about our journey.? After leaving London the landscape became a lot more agricultural; lots of maize growing. It's a public holiday today so when we drove to the beach it was quite busy probably due to the temperature of around 33.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement






Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb