jour 3


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The day started out just fine with the chant de voyelles on the beach before the usual clean-up and hitting the road for Thunder Bay. I drove for a few hours along the shores of Lake Superior and couldn’t help but notice how adapted the kids have become to the RV. No longer strapped in to their seats with the seatbelts attached, they now bounce around the cabin like caffeinated monkeys at the zoo. I’m also getting pretty aware of the cost of gas after a couple of $200 fill ups. Now I’m doing much more coasting down the hills... Bring on Alberta cheap gas.

After picking up the usual supplies at the Sault Ste. Marie Wal-Mart, we got back on the road for several hours. It’s actually quite nice to be the driver because you keep your eyes out front and don’t miss any of the stunning scenery. Those in the back seem more engrossed in their books or activities but we all enjoyed the ride. The driver also gets served and gets out of kitchen duty. As we approached Thunder Bay at the end of the day we had the usual debate as to which campground… the close to the road standard or the off the beaten path scenic campground? Tonight we elected to drive an extra 35 km out of the way to get to Sleeping Giant National Park to get the views from a peninsula on Lake Superior. As it turned out though, we ended up on a small lake- Marie Louise, which was quite pretty but had me fooled. By the time we got through dinner and cleanup we only had time to watch a little of the movie ‘RV’ (which was quite amusing) and then off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th May 2012

Love the map too!
I may get a geography lesson out of your trip! Wondering why someone called VAF a pain in the pic, though...oh, I get it! pain, as in "bread"! These bilingual blogs call for quick thinking :-) How is Belle enjoying the trip? And do you bbq at night?

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb