News from Managua


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
August 5th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

An update from Gord:

Pam sent me an email this morning, from the Los Pinos hotel in Managua.

Last night when they arrived, 7 of their bags had decided to linger in Miami for a while (Pam, Quinn, Kristy, Matt, Marcia). They were to come in on the next flight and arrive later at the hotel.

The hotel is lovely with a lot of woodwork and a nice pool. The group went out for pizza after they arrived. And went off to see a volcano! Apparently it was really interesting. After coming back, a number of the group went swimming.

They had dinner around 7pm.

Finally just before 10pm last night, 6 of the 7 bags arrived. A bag of Matt's that had gifts in it is still being tracked down.

Pam says it is really humid there. Just sitting, she is sweating. But she's quick to say that is not a complaint.

They are heading out this morning to go to El Sauce eventually today. Hopefully when they get to El Sauce, Pam can find a place to do the blogging stuff.

She says everyone is having a good time. The group is hanging well together.



Advertisement



5th August 2011

Glad all is going well!
Thank you Gord for all your updates. It's nice to hear that all are having a good time.
5th August 2011

Good to hear some news
Glad to hear that everyone arrived safely even though their luggage didn't! Looking forward to hearing more about the group's activities and how Vance and Rev. Jess are doing.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb