Saturday 14th August 2010 - moving on.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
August 15th 2010
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A very early call at 6.15 for a 7.45 departure.

The whole coach is very tired after a great night last night.

Pam and I had a quick bit to eat at Tim Hortons, fruit yogurt, coffee and a shared bagel. Far too healthy in my opinion.
Then off out of Toronto heading towards Kingston.
The freeway is 401, 4 because there are 4 lanes. We head north along the shore of lake Ontario.
Our first stop is at the big apple. A sort of cafe but also a huge apple pie factory as well. Everything to do with apples was there and a few more things besides. We settled for coffee. Then back on the coach and on to Kingston. Kinston is a delightful place with a large marina and some beautiful old buildings. We shared a sandwich whilst sitting outside in the brilliant sunshine.
Saw an original old steam engine straight out of Back to the Future. Half expected Jules and Verne to step down from the footplate.
We explored a wonderful street market full of fresh fruits and vegetables of all kinds.
After lunch we continued to Ive Lea and enjoyed a beautiful cruise on the St Lawrence river looking at some of the 1000+ islands there. Saw the castle Boldt built by the owner of the Wardorf for his wife. Sadly she died before the castle was completed. The border line between the USA and Canada splits the St. Lawrence so sometimes you are in the USA and sometimes in Canada.

Then back on the coach and on to Ottowa. A pretty city and tomorrow both Pam and I will explore it. Tonight we just wanted to eat. Saw a Ground hog so possibly tomorrow will be a repeat of today.

Found an Irish pub and had typical Irish food complete with Guinness. This is a strange world and everything is closer than you think.

Forgot to say that we have a suite at the hotel. I am currently sitting in the lounge writing this.

Tomorrow there is a city tour and a trip to the Mountie stables. You never know Pam may well see a real Mountie!





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb