Sunday 15th August 2010


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
August 15th 2010
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A sort of rest day with lots to see in this historic capital of Canada.
The only problem is that it is raining hard and that rain has continued all day. There have been amazing thunder storms and sheet lightning flashing all around. The city tour went ahead and our Ottowa Guide Jean did his best to tell us about the city and its past. It was a major trading place in the past and a massive canal was built to make the Lawrence river navigatable.
They used to float wood down from here along the river and it would make its way back to England to be used in ship building.
It was also a large paper manufacturer but now sadly has only one mill left.

After the tour there was a quick break before it was back on the bus to be taken to the Mountie horse stables.
Lovely horses and an interesting tour.
Then it got boring. Pam needed a replacement suitcase and I needed a coat. Off to Sears and then a walk back to the hotel in the rain.

Sadly I think that is it now until tomorrow. We can look out from our balcony but the rain makes it almost dark (time is now 16.20.

Time for coffee. We are for some strange reason watching Star wars.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.7kb