yes we know...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
November 6th 2009
Published: November 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jeff and I agree... the most commonly heard reaction by people who hear about our planned adventure... "you're crazy".

Tell you, I wish we were. It might just make the daily reality of our training, the logistical planning, that little thing called your "real day job", the ever omnipresent running of a household and child minding seem a little less daunting at times. Especially at 05:30 a.m. when the alarm sounds and Jeff and I have a lottery going for who gets to circuit train at the gym first as opposed to getting to spend an extra 20 minutes in bed... no one really wanting to draw that short straw since we only ran 18 plus kilometers less than ten hours ago.

Honestly though I would not trade this for the world. I get to spend hours trotting along with my best friend and often when he is with us, our son Yannick who follows us on his bicyle cheerfully (well mostly) carting our water, TP and head lamps, mostly because we are together and at every single outing, have had some manner of revelations or insight about who we are or how we are together or on how approach the journey ahead.

This week it was all about lists... the stuff we think we need, the stuff we need to do, the questions we need to ask Ray, Brian, Dan... I mean really how many pairs of underwear do you really need and if you go with only one pair of shoes in order to bring one more filter with you are you giving Karma too much opportunity to have some serious fun at your plantar health expense? Can a girl survive 3 weeks without mascara (hey its mostly the only makeup I wear LOL!). Massage stick or toothbrush? Shorts or running tights? Advil or Tylenol? Visit a temple or sleep?

As of this week we also have our itineray finalized, pretty much as it reads i the previous blog and we hope to post a detailled map on the blog soon. For those who asked, yes the travel costs and logistical support for the run are entirely self funded by Jeff and I, this is not a gig that will see any donation support our litlle adventure, all monies we garner are going directly to fund the water filters we are bringing. So to those who have given us a break on fees or allowed us to get gear at cost, thank you!!!

More later...







Advertisement



6th November 2009

Fair if Fair
We could make it that when we circuit train you both could do it at the same time? I mean those rest breaks are pretty long afterall :) That being said, Jeff did have some dreamy eyed look this morning after his stretching. Things are all coming together, and that's what matters. Crazy is for people who aren't dreamers, and dreamers are the people who make what seems unreal a possibility. You guys are an inspiration for everyone who reads this, knows what you're doing, and have anything to do with knowing you two. Cheers! b

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb