Lets hit the capital


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
November 20th 2004
Published: November 20th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,
Sorry its taken so long for me to update this but you know how it is non stop. Anyway we finally made our way up to the Canadian Capital and im so glad we did. It has to be one of the prettiest cities i've ever seen. Within about 20mins of being there we were driving past the parliment building which was all lighted up because it was night time. Also there were fairy lights everywhere on all the trees for xmas. Julian drove Bianca, Carl, Phil and myself up there in his car and its good he did. It was soooooo cold and we would never had survived. His mate Dominic (top guy) put us up for the weekend and showed us the nightlife. On friday night we went for dinner and the city was so busy. It was Grey Cup weekend which is the Canadian football finals and people had come from all over for it. When eating dinner the funniest thing happened - a pony came into the bar - we were in histerics. Gotta be one of the funniest sights ever.

Later on we ate Beavertails ( not real Beavers) which is a Canadian tradition -its a sweet pastry covered in either apples and cinnamon or maple syrup and they were really tasty. We also visited the Art Gallerry and the National Museum of civilisation which had some really amazing Inuit art.

Sunday was our last day in Ottawa so we went to Parliment and checked out the views over the river. Also found a cat orphanage which is so cute - they've got all these cat houses and people feed them and there all neutered.

Once again we hit the road and made our way back to good old Guelph. Slept most of the way cause as i've began to notice since being here sleep is only for the weak and there just aint enough time for it over here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Me and Garnier?Me and Garnier?
Me and Garnier?

This is me on the knee of a statue of a guy called Garnier - if anyone knows who he is let me know. It was taken outside Parliment
The Ottawa RiverThe Ottawa River
The Ottawa River

taken from Parliment hill
Our host Dominics placeOur host Dominics place
Our host Dominics place

The narrowest house in history


30th December 2004

YER MAMA!
hey juls i miss your ass in canada...hope things are well, send me some of those pics from the cd if ya can...:) ill be able to update my blog as well, give me something to do when im not workin! miss ya heaps, still feels like youll be at home in guelph kid...love ya tons. em

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb