Qttawa week 1


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
September 26th 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

OttawaOttawaOttawa

Somewhere over England
Hi all!!

Well I left the “green isle” on the 25th and managed to navigate Dublin and Heathrow airports without too much hassle. I was seated beside a rather strange lady on the plane. She had very little English and all she did was point at my food, as if to say “are you eating that?” As a result I had very little to eat and was starving by the time I got to Ottawa International Airport (5pm Canadian time).

Colm met me at the airport and we got the bus to our apartment. Ottawa is a little bit bigger than Cork in size with a lot more people (approx 800,000). Its super clean and the real easy to get around. It houses the Canadian parliament buildings which look remarkably similar to those found in London…..much nicer though as there are a lot less English. It’s not as French as Montreal but a lot of people still speak it as their first language. This may become a problem when I go looking for a job but hopefully they will look at my surname and presume I already speak the language, If not, then plan “B”….work in an Irish bar!
OttawaOttawaOttawa

The Apartment


The first few days consisted of sight seeing around the city, tasting the Canadian beers, and buying a bed! The apartments over here are never furnished when you rent them. The rent is cheap but you supply the comforts. Luckily Meagan’s (Colm’s girlfriend for those of you who have yet to meet her) mum gave us loads of couches, table, chairs etc to fill up the house…no bed for my room however….I feel so grown up buying a bed! We have free cable. It’s common for the cable companies over here to forget to cut the cable once tenants move out….god bless Canadians is what I say!! Thus we have 90+ channels which include loads of premiership games live…for free!

So a quick summery of things;

Location: Ottawa, Canada.
With: Colm (really Ugly good looking student friend) Meagan & Vanessa (Meagan’s Sister)
Working: No!
Weather: 27 degrees



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

OttawaOttawa
Ottawa

Out the front door..
OttawaOttawa
Ottawa

Canada!!
OttawaOttawa
Ottawa

Parliament Building
OttawaOttawa
Ottawa

Parliament Building
OttawaOttawa
Ottawa

Parliament Building
OttawaOttawa
Ottawa

Canada's people are very friendly!
OttawaOttawa
Ottawa

Ottawa roof top


1st October 2007

Class Pictures
Oh cool that great to see where ye are living......Fit good looking student friend tho??? oh I love him anyway.....looks cool Im super jealous.....thinking of ye.XX
2nd October 2007

Helena i do belive i left the computer for 30sec, enough time for Colm to edit some stuff!!!
3rd October 2007

Hey Guys cool site good to see what ye are up to that Degree in IT came in handy for something eh Paul and know look forward to seeing how ye are gettin on as for me put up a few photos on Bebo. Oz is class will be over in Canda around next August. Be Safe

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb