Setting Out From Ottawa


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
February 18th 2024
Published: February 18th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Map Day 1Map Day 1Map Day 1

Our route day one
We set out this morning from Ottawa around 11 am after Shelley did some morning work. I had finished my shift at Tunney’s Pasture at 2 am and woke up around 9 am or so. We were mostly packed and ready to go with just a couple of things to do before we left.

We hit the road and made our way south. The weather was cold and we had received a fresh dumping of snow the previous evening. The roads were mostly bare though, which was nice.

It was a very pleasant drive down towards the border. When we arrived, Shelley popped into the Duty Free to use the facilities. From experience, she knew that once we went around the bend, there was going to be a long line up of cars waiting to cross the border and then it would be too late to find somwhere to go.

Once we left the Duty Free and turned the corner there was NOBODY. She couldn’t believe it. Bonus!

We passed through with no issues - even remembering to declare our beer that we brought down this time!

We were heading to Harrisburg, but then due to
MaggieMaggieMaggie

Maggie camping out on the bed
the storm Shelley was tracking, we then decided to push on through to Harrisonburg. We didn’t quite make it there and instead stopped in Winchester, Virginia, about an hour north of Harrisonburg. Good decision. We woke up to snow on the car and a fresh dump of snow, but nowhere near what we would have had if we had stayed north in Harrisburg. It all worked out!

We enjoyed cheese and crackers with some vino we brought from home, and settled in for a nice evening and well deserved rest for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Random truckRandom truck
Random truck

TRUMP for Prison 2024 was scratched out on the back of this truck that passed us on the highway in West Virginia.


Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb