Day 1: Finally heading to Portugal for 3 weeks!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
July 21st 2022
Published: July 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Plane Ottawa to Montréal to Lisbon, Portugal


Additional maps: Portugal Journey Map

The day is finally here! Long day of travel started stressing out with wondering if we were going to make the connection in Montreal. We had 1 hr layover and because of covid airports were seeing delays. Turns out we got on the earlier flight standby and go there just in time....and then the flight was delayed 45mins.
We managed to get on early and clean up and set up well. The only kicker was the food on the Lisbon flight had nuts or no ingredients. Wtf. We were stuck eating snacks we brought on.
None of us got much sleep and were pretty tired but excited to arrive. After a long wait in customs, we were on our way downtown. Stopped in to pick up our key early- woohoo and they a walk to vodafone to get out sim card. First meal- McDonald's, nut free so safe bet. We were all starved.

Found the cards, got a Bolt and went to airbnb to find out our credit cards had been frozen. Urgh. Might have had an initial stress out due to lack of sleep.

All of us, except Camille wanted a nap so we slept for 3 hours or so and got ready to go out. First stop LxFactory. Walked around and looked around, stopped in to get a pastel de bacalhau aka cod cake, which was super good. Found a grocery store and got water, will go back tomorrow, and went for a walk towards the marina. Turns out it was a super nice spot and we were there for the sunset right under the April 25th bridge. We rented 2 scooters and had a blast booting around for an hour. Who knew it epuld be our kids driving us around already!
Was getting late so we went back to LxFactory and had some pizza. So good!

Currently just relaxing at the airbnb to gwt ready for an early morning (10am). according to Camille. Lol

Fun fact: In LX Factory, there is a bar called Therapist. Cameron asked us why anybody would want to name their bar: The rapist…! Nope, not a good name! We’ll blame his reading of the sign on the lack of sleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

finally an advantage to having allergies...finally an advantage to having allergies...
finally an advantage to having allergies...

Pre boarding special area for allergies and special needs
Rei Christ statueRei Christ statue
Rei Christ statue

Rei Christ statue - You can see it from almost everywhere we go and from our air bmb, even from the shower window
LxFactory entrance LxFactory entrance
LxFactory entrance

- funky area of town with restaurants and shops , literally on our vackyard
First time eating pastel de bacalhauFirst time eating pastel de bacalhau
First time eating pastel de bacalhau

- potato codfish cakes, super good!:They have them everywhere!
Sardine shop! Sardine shop!
Sardine shop!

Very famous here
Doca de Santo boardwalkDoca de Santo boardwalk
Doca de Santo boardwalk

After a 3 hour nap, went to visit the boardwalk and had lots of fun exploring!


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb