Feels So Good Here


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
August 9th 2006
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, we're back in Canada after an uneventful drive from Geneva, Ohio. The line-up at the Canada Customs was huge and lengthy and slow but when we got to the booth they let us through without any hold up.

We took a room at a smaller older motel in downtown Niagara Falls. It is very adequate and price was for $69. Then we wnet for a meal at King Davids, a kosher Jewish restaurant and bakery just across the street. That was an interesting experience again. The tables are self serve after ordering at the counter so we had to claim a place along with a jewish couplde from Brooklyn. He wore a fez? the small cap and beard and she was very ordinary but so pleasant. He reminded me a little of Cyril from Lethridge's former Progress Clothing (whom we used to haggle with a bit). Our visit with them revealed they have been married 33 years and have 10 children! We talked of the kosher principles and such eventually enjoying some banter over our differences. they seemed interested in our Canada home and family too as we taught them about the weather and family and small towns - totally foreign to them. The food we ate was a kind of kosher sub and a chocolate croissant for dessert. Most of the clientelle there were jewish. Just, again, very interesting.

After we left King David's we drove out to Niagara-On-The-Lake, a city about 15 miles north of the Falls city. The drive itself was very pretty and scenic but the streets of that resort town were amazing. It is like visiting Waterton at its busiest and Victoria with hundreds of specialty shops and businesses - hugely popular with folks like us and tour buses were all over. The streets were lined with flowers and trees. Center-street boulevards were just alive with color. A high class tourist spot that was the exact opposite of what we experienced at Geneva-On-The-Lake in Ohio just yesterday. We'll return there tomorrow for at least a couple hours to wind up our vacation.

This evening we visisted the falls area again and had dinner at the Edgewaters Tap & Grill overlooking the main falls. The weather is so beautiful now. We almost gor chilly on the open-air deck but that was another very nice experience. Thousands of people swarm the boulevard obove the
The Flower Clock The Flower Clock The Flower Clock

Chimed for us at 5:00
falls and all around. We are very very happy with this concusion to our vacation.

Rose says it's so nice to be back in Canada and to enjoy the fine weather walking together after the sun set and the colored lights came up to flood-light the water-falls. Then a full orange moon rose from behind the Horsehoe Falls. It is indeed a very romantic setting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The huge Wheel of Niagara Falls The huge Wheel of Niagara Falls
The huge Wheel of Niagara Falls

Resembles London's larger 'Eye'


Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb