#41 Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
August 6th 2011
Published: August 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning America!

Laura and I have had a great week in the Western New York and Canada area. We started out the week at my high school friend Amy's wedding in Silver Lake. It was a weekend camping/outdoor wedding and probably one of the coolest weddings we have been to yet. Everything was low stress and wonderfully done. The bride and groom were married by the lake, there was a giant s'more cake, great food great company. I am sure they will have a wonderful marriage.

Besides the wedding we have been putzing around my mom's house visiting various family friends, we mostly just relaxed and enjoyed having a house to roam around in. I watched tons of TV, caught up on internet-ing and phone-ing and registered for fall classes. CWU is on the quarter semester system which is a pain to convert a 3 semester hour class to quarter hours. Anyhow I am all set for class the 23rd of September. Laura starts her PhD program the 28th of September.

Yesterday we went "abroad" to visit our fair neighbor to the North where where we enjoyed beautiful vistas of Niagara Falls. It still seems a bit unfair that the nicest part of the falls is on the Canada side. Not only that, but we have to pay a toll to go to Canada to visit! It was well worth it however as it is romantic and the self proclaimed honeymoon capital of the world. On the American side of the Falls we went in the Cave of the Winds where we got drenched by the falls. You almost go under the Falls.

Today we are off to my cousin's wedding. Tomorrow off to Pittsburgh and down to DC to finish out our journey. If anyone is in DC next week, we will be gathering at Buffalo Billiards in Dupont Circle starting at 4pm. We will be there til 9/10 but the happy hour ends at 7 for the tasty specials.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 18; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1148s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb