3 days in Niagara


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
April 23rd 2011
Published: April 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

10am and we checked out of our hotel, stepped outside as it poured down with rain. The door man hailed the taxi for us. We arrived at the airport two and a half hours before our flight. Checked in, and then found a café inside the airport which had ipad’s for people to use in the middle of the table. That kept us entertained for the rest of the time.

Boarded the plane to discover once again we were in the first row after first class - which meant more extra leg room! Loving delta airlines! The flight was only an hour and we were soon in Buffalo NY. Took a shuttle bus across the border to enter Ontario Canada! Didn’t take long at all, stamp in the passport and we were soon at our hotel Sheraton On The Falls. Got to our room on the 11th floor and had a magnificent view of both the Canadian and American falls. The hotel room is nice and big, has a fireplace and also even has a TV in the bathroom?! I don’t see the point but oh well. Walked around the area (Clifton Hill) which looked like I was walking into
EasterEasterEaster

Dad- look what made it to canada..
the royal show, way to commercialized.

24th April

Easter Sunday and no chocolate easter eggs. I’m serious, they do not sell easter eggs anywhere! We’ve had a good sleep in and didn’t leave the hotel until late morning. Decided to go for brunch (a big american/Canadian breakfast), which warmed us up.

Went the visitors centre and bought a pass to do all the different attractions around Niagara. First was the ’Niagara Fury’, which was a 4D experience including water and snow spraying over us, as well as the floor moving from side to side. We then took the walk behind the falls. We got soaking wet and my hands went numb! Went for a long walk and checked out the casino/hotel complex. Dinner was at a nice Italian restaurant, we then stayed in the rest of the night watching cable on our TV.

25th April

Was up nice and early this morning and took the people mover bus to the white water walk. The elevator took us down about 80 metres to the Niagara river to see the level 6 rapids. Afterwards we walked to the whirlpool aero car. We were suspended about 100 metres over the Niagara river. After we went back on the people mover bus and toured along the Niagara parkway. It started to pour, so we stocked up on Hershey bars from the big Hershey store next to our hotel and spent the rest of the afternoon in our hotel. Later found a Chinese restaurant for dinner and then ran back to the hotel in the pouring rain and all the fog.

26th April

Woke up to the whole Niagara gorge being covered in fog which meant we couldn’t see the falls at all. Ate a bagel for breakfast and walked along the falls though the fog (getting soaking wet once again..) Packed up our stuff in time to catch the Niagara air bus back to buffalo to get our flight to Boston (with a stopover at JFK along the way).

With Mum being so organised that resulted in us in being 3 hours early for the flight to New York. There isn’t much to do Buffalo airport so we sat around updating the blog. Finely boarded the plane and then it is announced that JFK airport has shut down due to bad weather and congestion and there and no planes leaving or arriving from there. Great! So there we wait on the tarmac until we get the clear to leave. Arrive at JFK and race to the terminal to get our connecting flight. We were put on a bus and were driven to the other side of the airport to our plane. The flight to Boston MA was only 36minutes and we were soon at Hotel Lenox. Very nice hotel and room. But no TV in the bathroom this time, just a telephone instead.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



8th May 2011

great shots
hi , loving your updates and looking forward to visiting some of the same places you have seen :)

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb