Happy New Year


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Kingston
January 1st 2011
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Can it really be the beginning of another new year. I suppose it must be since the numbers have rolled over to 2011!
We had a terrific Christmas...three of them actually by the time it was said and done. New Years Eve was spent with friends aboard a neighbours boat. Good food and better company marked the arrival of 2011. The temps were above freezing and we all went outside to enjoy the city fireworks around 9 pm. A much nicer and larger display than Kingston manages for Canada Day. We all stood in the park and had our own private boaters fireworks at midnight. You can fill in the blanks to figure out what they consisted of.
AS they year ended we said Good-bye to our favorite security guard. Harold retired last night, and last year. We will all miss him greatly, but are very happy for him. It will seem odd to not be greeted with his smile, good humour and very helpful nature.
Last year we celebrated New Years in the Berry Islands with another group of boaters, and viewed fireworks that were many many miles away. Sitting in our cockpits in light clothing....it seems like yesterday, and yet it seems like another life. In a way I suppose it was.
I hope the new year give everyone good health, happiness and a bit of fun thrown in for spice.
Cheers and welcom 2011. It is always an adventure.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb