China and Thailand 2013 - Leaving Burlington


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Burlington
October 20th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thank you Air Canada...

So, after a thoroughly messed up day running around like a chicken with no head (organizing the house, taking care of loose ends, etc, i inform Jason that the toilet is plugged - shitter was full - and the basement drain isn't working.) After sorting out those things, we're off to drop the pointy ear'd mennace (Mimby) off to the cat hotel for a month, so the rest of the gang can be in peace at home. Half way there we get a call from someone at Air Canada who Jason was talking to for the last 2 hours about our flights...She says we have good news and bad news, basically EVA gave away 2 of our first class tickets from JFK to Taiwan by mistake and there was no way we could get them back, so it would mean 2 of us flying coach on the 14 hour flight...That was the bad news, the good news was they got us 4 Executive first tickets on a direct flight from Toronto to Beijing, which was nice, basically less flight time rather than going from Toronto to New York, then Taipei then Beijing. We were looking forward to going to New York and Taiwan, but ah well, maybe next time. So we weren't going to leave on the 19th after all, we're now leaving on the 20th.

Our limo arrives fashionably late, we're now off to the airport, not much to report here, except it sure is nice to be in executive first, and we get checked in super quick, and avoid a very big line at security. We even have time to visit the maple leaf lounge which is pretty nice... free booze 😊

We board the plane, find our 4 pod's and these are pretty nice 😊 nothing like flying 13 hrs and being able to stretch out !


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb