Day Eleven- June 24, 2010 Tampa to Montreal Tour


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Brockville
July 3rd 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

The RI Convention is over and we now plan our next move, a slight detour from the original plan.

We planned to come home via Washington DC, and take the Autotrain back to Orlando. From there we would drive home to Tampa arriving June 30. Well, while visiting the Rotary Club in Virginia Beach we ran into Terry Bond, President of AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America) and he asked if we were going to attend the 75th Anniversary Jubilee and Car Show in Louisville Kentucky the following week. So we decided to change our plans, and a 2 week trip has now been extended to 3 weeks, and we have more time to explore Canada. We also have to break the news to Brando's mother that she will be "babysitting the kids" Jax, our silky terrier and Kitty for an additional week!

So now we head west towards Toronto. We hear that the G8 and G20 Summits is going to be very hectic and traffic terrible, so we will avoid downtown Toronto and take the bypass.

But our first stop is before then. As we drive west, we see some absolutely beautiful countryside. Our first stop was along the St. Lawrence River, where we pulled over to take a short cruise to see the Thousand Islands at Gananoque. These small islands are rocky, and many of them have a house built that nearly encompasses the entire property. Some homes are small, others large, but all impressive summer places you can only reach by boat!

I later receive an email from Colin Weeks, our World ACHAFR President, that he and his wife Judith see our car parked with plenty of admirers taking photos while we are on the cruise down the river. Colin and Judith have taken extra time after the RI Convention to tour Canada, and it is such a coincidence that our paths cross so often. With 18,000 visitors at the RI Convention, within the first hour at the convention center, we bump in to them on the sidewalk! They come from the UK and are the most adventurous couple I have met. We will have to tour in Europe one day with them, if we can keep up!

Another beautiful driving and sightseeing day!





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb