Sheet Harbour NS


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia
September 8th 2009
Published: September 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sheet Harbour Light house,Sheet Harbour Light house,Sheet Harbour Light house,

Sheet Harbour Light house,
Sheet Harbour Nova Scotia

We set sail from Fisherman’s Cove this morning and arrived in Sheet Harbour at around 5:pm. The sail was nice and uneventful and we once again tied up to an available dock space at the local fish processing plant. We took a small walk into town and were followed home by a cute little black and white cat, who curled itself between our legs, craving whatever attention it could get. Annie took pity on the poor thing and gave it a small bowl of cream and a few slices of ham we had onboard. When came time to say goodbye, we gave it a small pat on the head and walked down the ladder steps of the wharf to re-board our vessel. About 5 minutes later, we heard a small “Kurplunk” noise hitting the top of our salon deck. We stuck our head out to see what it was, and it was the cat who jumped down about 6 feet from the wharf to join us. We scooped it up, gave it a couple more pats on the head and put it back on the dock. This process happened about 5 times, when we decided that there was not much we could do but close the hatch to our companion way and say our last goodbyes in the morning, once we would sail off. Eric got up in the middle of the night to check the marine weather forecast(to pee overboard in layman’s terms...) and came back inside to find the cat curled up on his jacket, sleeping soundly INSIDE the boat on the salon settee. Little bugger had figured out how to sneak in unseen.... Annie wanted to keep him (go figure) but we knew he must have belonged to someone, so we left him in the morning with a little loving and a full belly.

Annie & Eric aboard s/v WeBeSailing



Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 95; dbt: 0.1241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb