Home in Halifax


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia
December 21st 2004
Published: December 21st 2004
Edit Blog Post

They're back again?They're back again?They're back again?

Mike and Charlotte with Jacqui and Brent ... night 2 at the shoe bar
Hi all,

This is the first entry of our travel page. So here goes the first of many editions of our journal.
After racing out the doors of our respective jobs Charlotte and I crammed as much of our one bedroom apartment as we could into a storage container. We then went out for a few final drinks with friends in Vancouver. Left all the errands we didn't get to with our good friend James (Cheers J.), put Elli the cat on a plane for Nova Scotia and followed a day later.
We're now at my parent's horse farm outside Halifax.
Elli is coping. She's still a bit intimidated by the great dane and coon hound who are anxious to play with her. Her appetite hasn't been affected.
Have had a great week so far. Spent a few outrageous days at the Economy Shoe Shop in the city. One of the world's best pubs for drinking and meeting old friends. We did too much of both but all had a great time. It was great to see Chris and Karen, Melanie (it's been too long), Dan, David, Jemma, Jacqui and everyone else. Thanks for coming out.
Tomorrow we get up very early and catch a six am flight to Toronto. There we'll be hanging for a few days with Ben and Jen and Frank (if he can get the day off) Ha, ha sorry Frank I'd say it was my fault but I'm absolutely positive it can't be.
Christmas Eve we'll be at my uncle John's. It'll be the first Christmas together for us in more than ten years.
Will sign off for now. Here's wishing everyone a great Christmas. We miss you all. Some of you we'll see soon. For the rest, we hope you're saving your pennies for a few weeks in Asia where ever we happen to end up.

Advertisement



28th December 2004

What to do now
We are all here at the office and wondering what you guys are going to do next. You might know, but Chris is heading to Indonesia today (Jakarta). Be careful you guys Xox Jen - Jen Abrams
3rd January 2005

Glad you are safe and sound
I was in LA for Christmas and was worried about you guys... thank god you were not in Asia on one of the beautiful islands destroyed by the tsunami. I will keep checking in on the blog! Take care and have fun! Anna-may - Anna-May

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb