"at home" at the Lake


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Yarmouth
July 18th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,

and so the Blog begins again!
I arrived in heavy fog after being rerouted from DC to Toronto in Halifax, Nova Scotia on Thursday evening of last week to start the next chapter of the "gap year" ala Steffi.
After picking my parents up from the airport on early Friday morning (they were traveling the Canadian West for the last 2 weeks) we headed South towards "our" lake about 30 km from Yarmouth . Once here, time stands still, and we totally immerse ourselves in the tranquility of the Lake, the birds singing, the Loons howling, the Hummingbirds humming, etc... you get the picture. The only disruption to the stillness of the first days are the noise of the lawnmover and the weed eater who turn with undying energy to make the grass (or should i say weeds??) look acceptable and therefore give the house the lived-in look!
The days are spend reading, fishing, canooing, lounging,... did i say reading, oh yeah, and then we read some more.. and the occasional visit from our neighbours who swing by on four-wheelers, pick-ups or via the lake puttering along in their little dingy.

Daily activities are marveling at the fog that engulfs the Lake in the morning and the orange glowing setting sun in the evening. As I said, time has a way of standing still here, and a great tranquility and calmness overcomes us and makes one feel at home immediately.

so now i get to enjoy this beauty for another 6 days before it is off to a very different world. Stay tuned if you are interested.

So long and Cheers

SL



Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb