Yarmouth to Martins Point, Nova Scotia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Lunenburg
June 17th 2023
Published: June 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 6 -

We hit the road again and on our way to Mahone Bay with the morning draped in a deep fog. We had decided to drive to Hubbards where there was a nice campground that had a restaurant, and was featuring a lobster dinner....yum! As we passed through the Shelburne area both sides of the road were charred from the recent wild fire. It was so interesting to see areas completely burned, and a house in it's midst untouched. I imagine the firefighters worked very hard for that to happen. Unfortunately, there were many homes that were lost to the fire, and in fact, the highway we were traveling on was just opened after being closed for some time. Our understanding is the fire is still ongoing, but under control. We arrived at the Hubbard campground around lunch time only to find that it was already full. The women there suggested another one, and was kind enough to call and check for availability. Unfortunately, it was in Martin's Point outside of Mahone Bay which we had already passed, but since there were no others around we took it. After setting up and having lunch and a short rest we headed out to explore the area. It is a beautiful area with the road hugging the shoreline. Off the coast here is Oak Island which some of you may be familiar with from the TV show.

Ray and I were really looking forward to another lobster feast, but believe it or not it wasn't easy to find. We ended up in the town of Lunenberg, a very touristy area, where there were many places to choose from, and as expected It was quite delicious! They even served a local wine which believe it or not was served in a pop top can and tasted it....oh well. We headed back to the campground and are catching up on our e-mails and doing this blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



18th June 2023

We are enjoying your trip, thanks for sharing.
19th June 2023

Area looks so quaint. Beautiful.

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb