It's still Halifax here!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
September 21st 2012
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

No pictures today. At least not yet. We had a very quiet day yesterday and were intending to venture out a bit more today than we have so far. But it's quite foggy, so there are no views available to speak of. We've been out and about a bit, but haven't strayed far from Barrington Street.

We've had an exciting morning, nevertheless. Thinking we had to switch rooms today, we repacked everything in preparation for our trip to Cape Breton early next week and hauled our big suitcase (full of stuff we won't need right away) down to the storage room. When we went to check out of our old room around 10:30 we learned they'd had a cancellation and we could keep our room one more night. We had been slotted to go into the dorm tonight. We were very glad not to have to haul around our remaining two small bags.

This is probably a double blessing, because about 10 minutes ago, just as we were finishing eating our lunch in the dining room, the ceiling began to leak copiously. It wasn't the rain; it was the third floor common bathroom, where something has apparently not been working very well for awhile, and today it broke down completely. The water has come through three stories. They closed the dining room and called a plumber. We've come to the coffee house down a couple of doors, which also has free Internet. And fortunately, this is probably not going to affect our accommodation for tonight, as we have a room with a private bath on the third floor. But I'm not sure what they will do with all the people staying in the third floor dorm!

Tomorrow we take off on a one-day bus tour of Peggy's Cove and Lunenberg. The weather will still be rainy, but this is like living in Vancouver: if you don't go out in the rain, you are going to be spending a lot of time in the house! Fortunately, we are well equipped for this weather, with our hooded rain ponchos.

For now, a quite hour or two in the coffee house. Well, maybe not exactly quiet. There are quite a few people yakking in here, and some fairly loud music playing. But it will do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011kb