Day 9 - off to Halifax we go!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
June 6th 2023
Published: June 7th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We had an early start today. Victoria picked us up at 06:15 to take us to Waterloo regional airport. She was really quite cheery when she walked through the door, certainly cheerier than her mum is first thing in the morning!

We were quickly through security, sitting at a table drinking vanilla infused French coffee. Sounds delicious, smells good, tastes average. Ah well.

The ground crew came round checking that we had the correct luggage with us. We had both paid for a carry-on bag, except apparently I hadn’t. To be honest she was lovely about it and tagged my bag regardless of the non-payment. Although I had paid and was able to show her proof. Bloody technology!

Boarding went well, no hassle. I was in a middle seat of 3 people, but we didn’t have the arm rests down and there was plenty of room. Susan was 3 rows behind me; we hadn’t paid to choose our seats. Take off was a little earlier than scheduled, we made good time and arrived around 2 hours later in cloudy, cool, drizzly Halifax. As we were a domestic flight there was no customs to deal with, and after a short comfort break we headed to get our car rental.

We have a white Nissan Kicks in pristine condition with around 70000km on the clock. We’ve called her Gwyn. It was a quick drive to Bedford where we’re staying on the outskirts with Marg and Dave for a few nights. Susan’s parents knew Marg’s parents, and Susan and Marg are lifelong friends; Marg is Sarah’s God Mother. Marg & Dave are currently on a cruise so we’re home alone for a couple of days. We were greeted by Juno, their beautiful and very friendly cat. It’s a lovely home nestled in some trees just above the Bedford Basin and there are lots of birds around, including a downy woodpecker and some cedar waxwings.

We headed into Bedford for lunch, and on the recommendation of a local ate at a very nice Italian restaurant called Il Mercato. The waiting staff were excellent, the food delicious. Ravioli and pizza were eaten with relish. We did a bit of grocery and libation shopping, failed to find a cache in the car park, and got back to the house just before the rain started in earnest.

We both needed a nap after our early start, something that old women need to do sometimes I’ve discovered recently. Dinner was muscles in garlic, wine and tomato sauce with French bread, followed by dried mango slices and pineapple chunks.

A couple of glasses of wine and some putting the world to rights and off to bed we went.

Tomorrow we’re visiting Halifax.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.5kb