Blog from 2 Busy Bee's


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone

Well a lot has happened since our last entry. Sorry about the long wait. We decided on a 2 day trip to see Niagra Falls to get out of the city for a few days. Part of the trip included a wine tasting session we tried the red the white then the Canadian delicacy 'iced wine' which is locally called (liquid gold) sweet and tasty, YUM! We did the maid of the mist and got soaked despite the poncho's provided. This is a boat that goes really close to the falls, you don't see much of the falls cos of the fierce spray, but well worth doing a brilliant experience.

We walked closer to the falls to get a better view. At this point realisation kicked in "OMG we're actually in Canada" it's a truly spectacular sight. We went up the skylon tower to get a birds eye view. We got our money's worth as we waited over an hour for dusk to fall to see the falls aglow at night, it was worth the wait AWESOME!

There was a slight cock up at the end of the trip. The coach was fully booked back to Toronto City. So we had to get the Greyhound bus and missed out on seeing Niagra on the lake. A bit disappointed.
Next day we had an early, early flight to Halifax. There was nobody manning the 24 hour reception, so we couldn't hand our keys in to get our $20 deposit back. This got us really annoyed, we didn't know what to do we didn't wanna loose our $20 so.... we grabbed a load of breakfast goodies ie cereal bars, bagels, choc chip muffins, cereals ect. As we were about to leave someone came to reception and we got our $20 deposit back OOPPS! Nevermind what's done is done!

In Halifax we decided to get a car to get around. Our 1st stop was Peggy's Cove a little harbour village with a cute little lighthouse. A really nice place to have a look around. On our drive to the 'Bay of Fundys' we saw a porcupine, chipmunk, stag and a dead raccoon (ROAD KILL). It was getting dark and we were quite far away from the next town, when we found a small dark road we thought it would be an ideal place to have a kip in our car. Very comfy NOT!

Our little car then took us to Prince Edward Island or PEI as it is locally know. Denise drove over the Confederation Bridge to the island. We booked a little cabin right by a lake in a national park. It was a basic hut with a bunk bed, table and 2 chairs. The resident mozzies had a feast on poor Anne and a few even nibbled on Denise which is very rare. It was worth it as the view in the morning was LUSH! A great start to Canada Day.

We wish that St David's day was celebrated like Canada day it was Awesome. 1st we visited the Anne of Green Gables House, this was FREE because of Canada Day WOO HOO! Then we went to Kensington Station which was the station they used for the Anne of Green Gables T.V series. There were Canada day celebrations going on, children singing, dancing and playing musical instruments. We felt totally at home as we were handed a Canadian flag and a pin badge for FREE. We went to a few National parks which were also FREE on this day. There were some beautiful sand dunes and beaches. We ended up in a really Kool hostel in Charlottetown (Charlottetown backpackers). We rushed our pasta and sauce to catch the Canada day fireworks display, ending our day with a BANG!

The following day we took a ferry back to mainland. We caught a good crossing as a local Canadian Jazz artist Matt Anderson was singing on deck. This took our mind off feeling sea sick. We had a long drive to Cape Brenton Island. Eventually finding our hostel Bear on the Lake in Aberdeen (hehe!) were we spent the next 3 nights. Another great hostel with gorgeous views of the Bras D' or Lake. We spent a day driving around the natural wonders of the Cabot trail. Spectacular views! Our last day there was spent driving along the Bras D'or Lake scenic drive. We had a great last night sitting around a fire under the stars with a few beers chatting to other traveller's. We're off to Quebec city early tomorrow. Find out about what happens to us in Quebec city in our next blog................................................................

Love to all Anne and Denise xxxxxxx

P.S Having trouble finding a PC that will let us download photos on to kodak gallery or a memory stick DOH!

Advertisement



19th July 2008

Where Next?
Sounds as if you are having a terrific time, thank you for taking time out to let us know where you are and what you have been doing. Sorry you have been having trouble uploading your photos. What account are you using? Have you tried flickr.com it is one of the easiest out there to use to put into a blog. I know, I just spent 3 days on a course learning how to build a blog and use flickr and picnik, which is a wizard online photo editing program, which will resize and make your photos even better than when you took them. It is embedded into flickr. So where next? Thinking of you all. Have Fun. Chris
21st July 2008

Havin' fun!
Hi! Yet another brillent wordly trip; well done gals! Sounds like your really making the most of it, while we here in old blighty suffer the wind and rain of this cold island. Stay safe, and look after each other. Look forward to reading your next installment. LBW Stephen
27th July 2008

D Cup
Hi, I got v confused and had to read the last paragraph twice. I thought the hostel was offering views of either bras of the D cup variety or a lake!
8th August 2008

go girls!!!!!!
hi both..... i am following your blog and enjoying yr tales. thanks for sharing!! Cas
18th August 2008

Thanks
Hi D, thanks so much for the post card, I will take it along on Wednesday so the other "ladies" can see what you have been up to. Hope everything is going as you expected and that you are all having fun. Keep posting on the blog...Please

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb