Final Musings on Labrador and NFL


Advertisement
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The black fly are murderousThe black fly are murderousThe black fly are murderous

within two minutes of stopping the black fly find you so the netted hats have been invaluable
OUT OF THE WILDERNESS

We left Labrador yesterday and it is back to civilisation big time so I thought I would load up some more photos that I could not for some reason do the other day and ramble on about some random thoughts.

TIMES A CHANGING AGAIN

Somewhere on the new Phase 3 piece of road between Churchill Junction and Happy Valley Goose Bay the time changed again back to Maritime Time, so the east and west of Labrador have different time zones by half an hour - confusing or what!

WEIGHTY PROBLEM

The people in NFL and Labrador seem to have a weight problem, particularly in the west of NFL - but the shops don't seem to stock fresh food of any kind and in one place we even saw that the only fruit for sale was actually rotting.

WHY NO SHEEP?

The land in Newfoundland looked purfect for raising sheep but we saw none and there has been no lamb for sale in any shop or to be found on any menu - hoping for some today in Quebec City which is more French than France!

HEADLAMP BULBS

Sally's headlamp bulb had also blown by the time we got to Labrador City - so Mark had no lights and Sally only high beam - BMW : we thought these bikes were designed for off roading!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Churchill FallsChurchill Falls
Churchill Falls

The Churchill River was put underground about 30 years ago so that the water flow can be used to generate hydro electricity - the river bed is therefore almost dry


27th August 2010

Hope you enjoyed your trip
I'm from HVGB and i believe i may have noticed you guys around town. My honest thought was that you guys were crazy cuz i knew you came in over the road lol i hope all went well and safely, even in a 4-wheeled vehicle that drive can be tricky and potentially expensive or dangerous.
27th August 2010

Am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog. What a great experience.
28th August 2010

Fascinating!
Up to date and completely fascinated: miles ahead of Betty Bainbridge!

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb