Day Nine


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got to sleep in a bit and left hotel around 10:30 and headed to St. John's. The scenery along the way was fantastic! Lots of water and mountains, but still no moose sightings (much to our dismay). Arrived in St. John's around 2 and checked into the nicest room yet. Our room is right on the harbor and looks like a cabin from the inside. Went and had a bite to eat at the Yellow Belly Brewery and had seafood chowder and a Yellow Belly Red Ale. Then went next door to the Celtic Hearth and had another (Janet wanted a Guiness). Then walked around town looking at the sites and we stumbled upon the St. John The Baptist Basilica and started snapping photos. We then realized it was 5:10 and there was a 5PM mass so we stopped in to attend. It was pretty awesome to say the least! Pretty ironic that the gospel was about Jesus mourning the death of St. John The Baptist. We let Father know we came all the way from Ohio to attend mass and he got a kick out of that. We then continued walking about town and enjoying the sights. Back in our room to rest our tired feet and may head out later to have a light dinner and get to bed early since we have a long day tomorrow. Oh, there's a street festival going on here and the place is quite busy. Very interesting town...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



1st August 2011

More beer?
Sounds like this is trip is turning into a pub crawl! St Johhn's does look like a neat town. Can't wait to hear all about it. P.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb