Over the Sea to Skye...


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

"Speed bonnie boat like a bird on the wing
"Onward" the sailors cry
Carry the lad thats born to be king
Over the sea to Skye"

Ahhhh Skye. We have one full day to tour it and it's been incredible researching the area. Having said that, we have to be realistic and so some things just have to be sacrificed. So to all the MacLeod's out there, my apologies, no Dunvegan on this trip. We will see the pictish brochs, however, at Glenelg the day we arrive at Kyle of Lochalsh.

The following day, our plan is to take the Skye Bridge (no ferry - funny how my left eye stopped fluttering just typing that), follow the A87/A855 to do the loop which includes Portree, Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock, Faerie Glen and Talisker Distillery. Looks like we might have a guide from the area that day which will be so amazing and means that at least for this leg, we won't get lost on some moor with our legs stuck in a peat bog eaten alive by the dreaded midges. They'll find our upright skeletons decades from now with our jaws still clamped shut to keep the beasties from getting in...sorry, getting carried away...

Ahem, so 24 days and counting until we board that plane. They say planning is the best part...I'll let you know. For now, suffice it to say it's been wonderful researching for this trip and I simply cannot wait to discover all the wonderful people and places I'm about to encounter.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb