Day 4,5 and 6


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Newfoundland & Labrador » Gander
August 29th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 started in Clarenville. Kayla and I only had 4 Medal Bearers. Even with such a small bunch we were able to make it alot of fun! After we dropped them off, we headed to Glovertown for the end of day celebration. 25 years ago, Rick and his team played a game of baseball against the Glovertown team. We did the same today! What a great time! We won 14 to 7. I think they went a little easy on us! Only 2 injuries on our team! At the end of the day, most of the team stayed in several locations in Glovertown. The rest of us carried on to Gander. The ones in Glovertown had cottages on the water with BBQs. We made our own fun. We had muskoka chairs on the side of the Trans Canada Hwy! The weather was great.
Day 5 started in Gander. Kayla and I only had 3 Medal Bearers today. They were all from the army base. Another great group of people. Hot and sunny again! I took a little side trip to the Aviation Museum just down the road from our hotel.
Day 6 was a day off. We all pitched in a washed the whole fleet in the parking lot of the hotel. After this we were free to do our own thing. Monty, Dawn, Hank and I went for a drive to a very old fishing village called Salvage. The highway ends there. It was so picturesque! We hiked some really cool trails. As we were driving through the village we saw an old man sitting in his chair in front of his house. We went back to talk to him to see if we could get his picture. His name was Gordon and he was born and raised here. Took a while to get his story due to the language (accent) barrier! We then went to the local pub and had a sampler snack of stuffed squid, cod cakes, crab on toast and shrimp. The people are so nice and so much fun! We stopped at afew more interesting places on route including the Funny Farm! Back to work tomorrow. Enjoy the pics!
Love Weedie and Jeepa


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb