Day 7,8,9


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Newfoundland & Labrador » Gander
September 2nd 2011
Published: September 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi again!
We left Gander with great memories! Our next stop was a very small Community called Glenwood. There were 4 Medal Bearers here. What an emotional meeting. These people had such amazing life stories they had us all in tears. From here we moved onto Grand Falls-Windsor. Celebration here was a little disappointing because everyone was expecting Rick to be there and he wasn't. We are really trying to spread the word that this is not about Rick, but about our 7000 "Difference Makers/Medal Bearers". We ended the night on a good note! Hank's birthday! The following day was a day off, so Hank and I took out the bikes for a long ride around the town. We stopped at the Salmon interpretation centre where we saw the salmon moving up the salmon ladder. This was man made because of the hydro dam. We had a great salmon lunch at the restaurant here.
The next day I got to be a Misty rider! What a great job! Riding along side with the Medal Bearers, Sonny and Ty. Hank was driving Pace that day, so I rode along with him when we were travelling between towns. We finished up in Deer Lake. Beautiful day and amazing scenery. Was doing alot of thinking about my Uncle Cec that day. All good! Good-bye Uncle Cec. You will be missed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb