New Burnswick


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick
June 10th 2006
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

LOCATION: St. John to Fundy NP of Canada
DATE: Saturday, June 10
TITLE: The Fundy Trail Parkway
We found Carleton Martell Tower build by the British during the War of 1812 to prevent American invasion. The circular stone fortification is a national historic site.
As we drove from St. John to St. Martins, the rain returned with a vengeance. Truly we watched “cats and dogs” fall from the sky. But, “You won’t get to where you want to go, if you only travel on the sunny days.” St. Martins is an isolated town on the Bay of Fundy (FB), however it is also the access point for Fundy Trail Parkway. It follows the coastline of FB and is a magnificently developed for biking, hiking or driving. The scenery, between the fog, was exceptional. The amenities included picnic areas, restrooms, and even water coolers along the trail! The Canadian know how to develop a trail. It will be awesome when it is finished and connects to Fundy National Park of Canada (FNPOC). The terrain, now, demands a lot of round about driving. We stopped at the Interpretive Center utterly drenched, and learned about the logging/shipbuilding industries that dominated this area. We managed to get some photos of the cliffs, the waterfalls and the lovely greenery.
We spent the night at Fundy National Park, Chignecto Campground, complete with full hook-ups. Yeah Canada!











Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb