Day Fourteen: North Sydney NS to St. John NB July 19, 2013


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Saint John
July 19th 2013
Published: July 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

"Every little thing she does is magic

Everything she does just turns me on

Even though my life before was tragic

Now I know my love for her goes on"



With our first listening to The Police getting us out the door, we started from North Sydney NS to St. John NB. We found it interesting to watch the ferry ready itself for disembarkation. A giant panel in what had appeared to be a featureless fron below the bridge swung open, a ramp lifted into place, and a portion of the bow including the flagstaff swung upward and out of the way, making it possible to disembark vehicles on two levels (only one had been available in Argentia). Today was just a Point A to Point B day, with a re-tracing of roads we had driven on the way up north. Uncharacteristically for us, we skipped the opportunity to visit the nearby fossil site, and just drove on the St. John. Along the way, we stopped at a gas station and found they were selling bongs. This somehow made more understandable the actions of some of the drivers we were encountering. Otherwise, this was a featureless day of driving about 400 miles.



Tomorrow: drive to Portland (return to the United States)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 19; dbt: 0.1283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1014.8kb